Sunday 10 February 2013

Romantic weekend a deux

Just got back from a romantic weekend in Rome - our first time properly away without MLA - to find the drains at home totally blocked and stinking. Tried to unblock them ourselves - hand in a bin bag in the dark and the rain fishing around pulling out goodness knows what - but that failed so we're now awaiting a man with a jet spray...talk about down to earth with a bump!

The weekend away was lovely, we stayed in a gorgeous hotel - Alberto del Senato - which had a view over the Pantheon, and ate some amazing meals - one a complete blow out in a v. posh hotel and then others in little cosy bistros with wine in jugs and free prosecco. But I wonder, when you have children do you ever really really enjoy being away from them? I loved the weekend, but I felt a constant pull home, maybe this fades as you get used to it, but every time we walked past people with children I missed MLA. Still we came home to find that he hadn't missed us one bit but been having a riot with grandpa, grandma, nanny, grandad, cousins, uncles, aunties, great uncles - so maybe next time I go away I'll worry a bit less.

No comments:

Post a Comment